Boulder Family Connections
Enhancing OUR children's learning TOGETHER!
BES Family - School Engagement Vision:
Our Family Engagement goal at Boulder Elementary is dedicated to educating and supporting all students and families. We strive to promote success through developing encouraging and engaging learning environments both at school and home.
Here’s what you’ll be learning:
(Note: the content and format of each workshop is determined by the leader of that workshop and may differ from what is shown below.
Your workshop may provide a Parent’s Guide and Parent’s Workbook;if not, you can order them here. Check with your workshop leader for complete details.)
Session I: The Active Parent
- Styles of parenting
- The method of choice
- How brain development affects children’s behaviour and decision-making
Session IV: Building Courage & Self-Esteem
- The Think-Feel-Do Cycle
- The power of encouragement
Session II: Cooperation & Communication
- Who owns the problem?
- Using active communication
- Feelings, empathy, and problem-solving
Session V: Understanding and Redirecting Misbehavior
- Why children misbehave
- Eliminating power struggles
- Handling anger
- Problem-solving with FLAC (as seen on “Oprah”)
Session III: Responsibility & Discipline
- Effective non-violent discipline
- “I” messages
- Logical consequences
Session VI: Active Parenting for School Success
- 7 Smart Things for School Success
- Structuring homework time
- Family talks
- How to start now to prevent future use of tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
Active Parenting Sign up! Fill out the form below.....
Family Engagement Facilitator
Boulder Elementary is dedicated to working with families to support the best educational experience for their children.
Sarina is open to meeting with teachers and families on how best to support them in building a system that benefits everyone.
Please reach out with any questions, suggestions, or comments.