2020-2021 School Year Information
Phased Re-Opening Plan
Good afternoon BES school community,
Jefferson County is experiencing an increase in active COVID-19 cases, and some Jefferson County Schools have had to go to remote learning. The BES Board of Trustees adopted a phased reopening plan with benchmarks to determine when the district would shift to fully remote learning. I've attached the full plan, but have included the following gauges for your information:
Gauges of when to go to remote learning:
1. When we reach 1% of Jefferson County's Population with an active case: 11,778 =118 active cases.
2. Governor directs school closure.
3. A staff member that travels to each cohort/pod tests positive for COVID-19- Whole School 14 Day shutdown-determined by Health Department
4. A staff member that works in the kitchen tests positive for Covid-19- Whole School 14 day shut down-determined by the Health Department.
5. School associated cases increase
6. A member of a pod tests positive for COVID-19 (determined by Health Department) Possible whole school 2-5 day shut down, the close contacts will quarantine for 14 days, the other pods return after 2-5 day deep cleaning and contact tracing.
7. Absences reach 20%(example 120 students =24 students) could be tracked per class or pod, certified staff absences reach 27% (4 staff members absent), no subs available. (potential online learning in a classroom overseen by subs, remote for those classes)
8. Hospitals are overwhelmed.
A copy of the school newsletter and full plan will be sent home tomorrow. All information is available on the website.
Thank you for your continued support.